Washington County Road Department
1862 Kaolin Road
P. O. Box 271
Sandersville, GA 31082
Public Works Director – Dean L. Davis
Normal Hours of Operation:
7:00 am thru 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday
After hour emergencies – call 911
*For safety purposes and operational procedures, the Road Department will NOT accept work/emergency repairs/requests via Email. They must be made via telephone, during normal hours of operation. You must be willing to provide your name, telephone number, and address. Any emergencies after hours should be directed to 911 via telephone.
Next County Holiday: Memorial Day – Monday – May 29, 2017
Road Closures: Last update: 2/22/17
There are no road closures at this time
SURPLUS PROPERTIES: Used boards = $1 each. Used Pipes = $35 each. Used Grader Blades = $5 each. *Surplus properties are for all county citizens, not just Road Department employees and can be purchased at the Road Department during normal hours of operation.
Permits to begin a logging operation may be applied for at no cost at the Washington County Road Department during hours of operations.
Copies of ordinance may be obtained by contacting washington County Road Department.
Be prepared to provide the following:
1. Valid and current logging operation bond of $5,000.00
2. Name, address, and phone number of company posting bond, plus a contact person and their cell.
3. Name, address, and phone number of company actually doing cutting, plus on site contact person and their cell.
4. Names of trucking companies
5. Name and address of landowner
6. Map and parcel including copies of maps
7. Road/street name where logging will take place.
8. Number of acres to be harvested
Projects let for bids:
-no projects out for bids at this time
Current Major Road projects:
-Major road repair: Old 85 Rd.
-no projects at this time
Abandoned Well policy:
It is the policy of theWashington County Board of Commissioners that when the County is requested to fill in an abandoned well, a fee of $350.00 will be charged and the fee must be paid in full before abandoned well will be filled in. Also, the County will only fill in the abandoned well while on private property (no other work can be done). Access to the well must be provided by the property owner.
- Driveway applications may be filled out at Washington County Tax Assessors.
- Public Works Director or Code Enforcement Officer will do site inspection and approve driveway permit and advise land owner of size of pipe required.
- Effective December 7, 2012: Washington County Road Department will no longer sell pipe.