For Washington County Inmate Information Click HERE
The Washington County Jail has the capacity of housing 52 inmates. Those who are sentenced to serve one year or less, those who are awaiting trial, and those who have been sentenced but are awaiting transfer to another facility are housed here. Our inmates are offered the opportunity to attain their G.E.D.. There are two part-time chaplains on duty for the inmates, and they are allowed ample opportunity to participate in bible studies and church services.
Inmate Visitation: Visitation with female inmates: Saturdays and Sundays from 1 – 2 pm
Visitation with male inmates: Saturdays and Sundays from 2 – 4 pm
- Visitors are not allowed to bring handbags, purses, bags, cameras, cell phones, or other recording devices into the visitation area.
- Visitors must present themselves in proper attire. Inappropriate clothing such as halter tops, revealing clothing, see-through clothing, sleepwear, or any other clothing that may be deemed unacceptable will not be permitted.
- Visitors who appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant will not be allowed to visit and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors who display unruly behavior will not be allowed to visit and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors will be required to submit to a search of their person by Jail staff when asked to do so. Failure or refusal to submit to a search will result in denial of visitation.
Special Visits: Requests for special visits outside established schedules must be approved by Sheriff Thomas H Smith.
Termination or Denial of Visit: Visits may be terminated or denied for violation of the visitation rules by visitors or inmates or when there is reason to believe the visit may not be in the best interest of the security and/or welfare of the Jail. In the event of an emergency situation or condition, visitation may be modified, restricted, or cancelled until further notice.
Inmate Commissary Accounts: All inmates have commissary accounts and are permitted to purchase items from the Jail commissary. Persons wishing to put money in an inmate’s account may do so 24 hours a day via lobby kiosk, by phone or by computer. The kiosk is located in the lobby of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and accepts cash or credit/debit cards. You can also deposit funds by phone by calling 1-866-345-1884 24 hour a day using a debit or credit card. Deposit funds into accounts by computer by visiting https://www.accesscorrections.com/ 24 hours a day.
Inmate Mail: Inmates may write and receive correspondence. Incoming mail must have the inmate’s name above the mailing address and must have a return address. Postage, paper, and envelopes are provided to the inmates through commissary.
1755 Kaolin Road
Sandersville, GA 31082
P.O. Drawer 30
Sandersville, GA 31082
Inmate Telephones: Cell block are equipped with telephones. Inmates may use these phones at designated times. INMATES CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS OR MESSAGES.
Email questions or concerns to the Washington County Jail Administration, all fields are required.