1. Where do I get my vehicle tag or change my vehicle registration?

You can purchase automobile tags or change your vehicle registration at
the Washington County Tax Commissioner Office located at:

115 Jones Street
Sandersville, GA 31082
Phone: 478-552-2144

2. Where can I register to vote?

You may register to vote at the Washington County Courthouse located at

Board of Registrars
132 West Haynes Street
Sandersville, GA 31082
Phone: 478-552-5239

Register Online at https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov/GAOLVR/#no-back-button

3. When is the County Landfill open?

The Washington County Landfill has been permanently closed as of October 1, 2015.

You may dispose of recyclables and commercial wastes at the at the Washington County Collection Center

2122 Kaolin Road

Sandersville, Georgia   31082

Phone:  478-552-5330


4. Where do I obtain a marriage licenses?

You may obtain marriage licenses at the Washington County Probate Office located in the Courthouse at:

129 West Haynes Street, Room 106
Sandersville, GA 31082
Phone: 478-552-3304

5. How can I determine the value of my property?

You can visit the following website to obtain values of your property:

6. Where and when can I obtain a Drivers’ License?

You may obtain Driver’s Licenses at the Drivers’ License Office located at:

115 Jones Street (same building as Tax Commissioner Office)
Sandersville, GA

Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday and Thursday